*$2,500 SIGNING BONUS!*
Alta Vista Animal Hospital is welcoming Registered Veterinary Technicians to our Treatment department. The treatment team members are our superstars of all things patient care related. These attentive and compassionate individuals ensure that all hospitalized patients are treated like one of their very own during their stay. The successful candidate will exhibit a calm demeanor and a passion for the human-animal bond.
Working in conjunction with our ICU team, the treatment members care for patients from our ER, GP, and specialty departments. Our board-certified specialists provide care in surgery, cardiology, oncology, critical care, dermatology, internal medicine, dentistry, and oncology and have access to on-site MRI, Fluoroscopy, and CT diagnostics. With a dedicated staff of 160, including 30 veterinarians, we offer excellence in veterinary medicine because we are passionate about what we do!
Schedule: Treatment shifts are 8 to 12 hours in length and are a set of days and overnights on a rotational basis with 3 or more days off in a row in between.
Lots of work-life balance! As the treatment RVT, you and your Veterinary Assistants perform regular assessments of patients, including TPRs, blood work, radiology, urinary catheter care, bandage/splint care, surgical recovery and so much more! The Treatment RVT reports directly to the Technical Resource Manager – Treatment.
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be using include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment, triage, and care of ill patients
- Hourly treatments including feeding, administering medications, assessing pain/status and monitoring vitals
- Reporting status changes to DVMs
- Client communications and status updates
- Drug Administration
- Post-surgical care, including laser and cold compress therapy
- Technical skills; venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, physical examinations and patient assessment, dentistry, nutrition and pharmacy
- Individualized and compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
- Stocking, cleaning and maintenance of the treatment areas
- Math calculations
- Veterinary Technician college diploma;
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing, and Oral)
- Able to support patients up to 50kg and lift up to 25kg.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to organize, takes initiative, works independently, exercises good judgment
- Decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Exhibits a positive attitude and uses courtesy, diplomacy and discretion.
Why We Need You
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client-patient experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Apply Now! (R-93771)
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit vca.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.