Website Admirals Walk Pet Clinic
Position: Registered Veterinary Technologist
Hospital: Admirals Walk Pet Clinic in Victoria
Location: Victoria, BC
Job Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Description: Admirals Walk is expanding into a Big, Bright, & Beautiful facility with all the Bells & Whistles! RVTs wanted!
Our new address will be 1499 Admirals Rd, Victoria, and we are pleased to begin accepting applications from friendly and compassionate RVTs. We are striving to fill 2 positions with start dates in early 2024.
Our new state-of-the-art facility will be over 4500 square feet, with 6 exam rooms, and fully equipped to support your medicine. If you’re looking for a supportive and welcoming environment that prioritizes client education, preventative medicine, and a collaborative approach to patient care – look no further! Part-time and full-time opportunities available. Seize this opportunity to secure the work-life balance you’ve been searching for and join the friendliest team in Victoria. Love what you do, and where you live!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: Contact Kate Gerlitz at email@example.com to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org