OABP/OAVT Bovine RVT Continuing Education Meeting
Practical nutrition monitoring for bovine RVTs
Excellent feeding management and delivery are key to reaching growth and milking performance goals in cattle operations. Monitoring diets and their delivery ensures adjustments are made for variations in feed or seasonal conditions and allows problems to be identified and addressed early. An understanding of how to evaluate the feeding regiment will allow bovine veterinary technicians to participate in the collection and evaluation of samples for monitoring and spot inconsistencies for further investigation.
This one-day hands on small group workshop will include:
- Evaluation of feed storage, ration mixing, and delivery of a total mixed ration (TMR) via TMR audit
- Proper feed sample collection and handling techniques
- Use of the Penn State shaker box and dry matter analysis
- Assessing the delivered ration and environment of the dairy cow and heifer
- Team approach to nutritional counselling
- Cecelia Curtis, Dairy and Small Ruminant Nutritionist, Floradale Feed Mill
- Ray Reynen, Technical Services Veterinarian, Merck Animal Health
- Oswal Villalobos, Senior Technical Sales Manager – Ruminant, Jefo Nutrition
Registration is LIMITED to 15 participants. A waitlist will be maintained.
Payment can be made by e-transfer to email@example.com or by cheque day of, on site.
If unable to attend, registration must be cancelled by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 72 hours notice. Otherwise, all persons who have registered will be required to pay for their spot, even if they miss the event.
Select one of the following: - Scheduled Event
What is the format of the online event? -
Supporting Documentation -
CE Credits - 5
Event Access - Yes