COVID-19 a rapidly evolving situation and the risk assessment may change daily. It is important to try and keep the current situation in perspective. Social media and news outlets can amplify misinformation. Sites that include accurate information include the World Health Organization, the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario.
OAVT staff have compiled as many resources as possible, and we will update these resources as newer links and information become available.
- New legislation proposed to introduce paid sick leave. Read the press release here.
- Rapid Tests for COVID-19 Screening in the Workplace
- Organization Interest in COVID-19 Rapid Tests (form)
- Updated Guidelines to Mitigating the Risk of Infections in Veterinary Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Download LifeLearn’s complimentary COVID-19 Response Kit
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): Fomites, Pets, & Transmission (Clinician’s Brief)
- Triaging care during a COVID-19 pandemic: A Guide for Equine Veterinarians. (OAEP)
- “Why we must suspend spay-neuter surgery during the pandemic”, an open letter from Dr. Julie Levy. (Shelter Medicine)
- Creating a Culture of Well-being During a Crisis (Clinician’s Brief)
- atDove.org has produced a series of videos on properly putting on and removing PPE. Watch them here.
- Guidance for the Isolation of People with Pets (Centers for Disease Control)
- The New Coronavirus and Companion Animals, Advice for WSAVA members (WSAVA)
- Flattening the Curve: Why Staying Home Now Can Save Lives
- Social Distancing Information(American Psychological Association)
- Tips to protect yourself and others (Morneau Shepell)