This is a 60-minute webinar. To watch on-demand: https://www.communivet.com/en/ca/education/webcasts/how-can-you-mend-a-broken-heart
During this webcast, cardiology specialist and professor, Dr. Sonya G. Gordon will provide a quick overview of the ACVIM consensus guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of myxomatous mitral valve disease in dogs. She will also delve into some important questions regarding the following topics:
- diagnosing the various ACVIM stages of canine heart disease and failure with a focus on Stage B2;
- the current recommended treatment for the various ACVIM stages of mitral valve disease;
- what are the “must‐use” treatments and when to administer them if owners are financially restricted;
- the minimum database and findings necessary before veterinarians can confidently recommend treatment; and,
- recommendations for case monitoring throughout the various stages.