- OA is the number one cause of chronic pain in our pets. In this webcast, Dr. Tom Gibson will discuss a practical approach to managing OA in dogs using the updated AAHA Pain Management Guidelines. He will explore the five key elements for ensuring the optimal OA management approach:
• Involving the whole team to best manage chronic pain;
• Reviewing available tools for assessment of pain;
• Involving the pet owner;
• Starting early with a multimodal approach, which involves both pharmacological and non-pharmacological options; and
• Conducting regular re-evaluations to help assess program success or failure and adjust treatment accordingly.
OAVT Credits: 2 CECs