PHU Request for Specimen Collection
To request an animal specimen collection for rabies testing please complete and submit one form per animal.
If a required field is not applicable to your case please enter N/A.
If you realize after you have submitted your form that there was an error entered please do not resubmit online. Instead email email@example.com with the corrections needed.
If you require a copy of this completed submission form, print this page before clicking submit.
Request for specimen collection should not occur until the PHU has confirmation that the animal is deceased and has arrived at the collection location.
If a collection is occurring at a residence the PHU should ensure the following:
- There is an area out of public view for the collection to take place
- The homeowner approves of the collection occurring on their property
- The homeowner understands the collection procedure
- The homeowner understands it is their responsibility to dispose of the remains afterwards
- The homeowner has a fridge or freezer where the animal can be stored until collection occurs when outdoor temperatures exceed five degrees celsius.
If this criteria can’t be met the animal should be transported to a veterinary hospital or animal shelter prior to submission request.
All items indicated below must be provided by the health unit at the time of the request in order for the OAVT to:
- Fill out the necessary laboratory/shipping paperwork
- Dispatch a RVT to do the collection
Confirmation of Submission:
Please note: If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser you may not be able to submit this form properly due to the limitations of this aging web browser. This form will work best using Google Chrome and is also compatible with Microsoft Edge, Safari or Firefox browsers.
To ensure your submission has been completed please look for the pop up window at the top of this page confirming your submission has been received, as well as a confirmation email sent to the email address included in the field “Email address for health unit contact person for any isses pertaining to the details of this case.”