Website Veterinary Emergency Clinic
The Veterinary Emergency Clinic and Referral Centre is currently looking for a Floor Manager (non-union position). The hours will consist of a combination of days, afternoons and weekends.
- On-floor Management staff on shift (RVT’s, ACA’s and Cleaners)
- Distribution of tasks and workflow
- Training new Technicians
- Oversee training of ACA’s
- On-floor Management of break schedule
- Assist with Performance Management/Discipline
- Participate in decisions regarding discipline and/or termination
- Manage scheduling and vacation requests in the absence of or at the request of the Head Technician
- Assist with Recruiting
- Conflict resolution
- Participate in the Joint Health & Safety Committee
We are looking for someone who can lead by example as well as maintain a positive attitude. Our ideal candidate must also be able to deal with staff complaints, conflicts and issues as they arise finding appropriate and effective solutions.
Other qualifications include:
- Management experience and strong leadership skills
- RVT Status is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Experience in a ER/Referral or large practice is desired
We offer subsidized Health and Dental Benefits for full time staff plus an array of fringe benefits such as pet care and scrub allowance to name a few. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please forward your resume to Morgan Betts at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (416) 920-6185.
VEC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com