Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with job id R- 39722 in the subject line.
VCA Canada Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is a large 24-hour emergency and referral hospital located in Scarborough, ON and we are recruiting for a Casual Registered Veterinary Technician to join our Emergency and Critical Care team!
The job will involve working closely with our Emergency Veterinarians, Criticalists and other Specialists. This position is responsible for all patients housed within the hospital. You would be responsible for all treatments, including pain management, management of septic peritonitis, tracheotomy tube management, continuous suction chest tubes and mechanical ventilation.
You must be an RVT in good standing, have strong inter-personal skills and above all, a passion for doing what is in the best interest of the animal. Any experience in emergency medicine would be a great asset, although we are willing to train the right candidate.
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Technical skills; venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, physical examinations and patient assessment, dentistry, nutrition and pharmacy
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patient
- Ability to mange multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And more perks!
VCA Canada Cares!
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.careers.vcacanada.com.
Have a question? Email: Careers.email@example.com
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org