Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital is currently recruiting for a Manager. The successful candidate will be required to work 1-2 evening shifts per week and 1 in 3 weekend shifts (Saturday & Sunday). This position reports directly to the General Manager. As a key player in a team environment, the Manager is responsible for the following:
- Provide weekly updates to the General Manager Regular “on the floor” assessments of Technical workflow
- Coordinate and head various meetings, including departmental, inter-departmental and staff meetings
- Managing clients complaints within all departments, in coordination with the General Manager
- Provide guidance and specialized training to new hires and existing staff.
- Participate in Senior Leadership Meetings management meetings
- Apply progressive discipline when required; Perform consistent and regular follow-up on outstanding issues with regards to workload, performance issues/challenges and other organizational/technical matters
- Liaise with other Managers to arrange appropriate coverage for paid leave and vacation
- Perform administrative and operational functions, including, but not limited to annual budgets and capital expenditure management
- Minimum of 2 yrs of management experience in a leadership role with direct reporting
- Veterinary Technician college diploma (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 yrs of experience (in an Emergency Veterinary setting- preferred)
- Able to support patients up to 50kg and lift up to 25kg.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi task.
- Proven ability to organize, take initiate and work independently
- Able to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- A generous signing bonus will be given to the right candidate!
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
- VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.
Please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to the attention of Julie Dwyer. The deadline for submission of your resume and cover letter is April 12th, 2021.
Alta Vista Animal Hospital • 2616 Bank Street• Ottawa, Ontario • K1T 1M9
Email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org