Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
To apply, please email email@example.com with job id R-40439 in the subject line.
VCA Canada Mississauga-Oakville Emergency Hospital is currently recruiting for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our established network of highly skilled professionals in our Specialty services, with a focus in Oncology. Our Oncology team focuses on patient and client care and the human-animal bond. Previous experience in a veterinary hospital is an asset in this role, and our RVT’s are given the necessary tools and resources to help you succeed in this role. Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role:
- Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT or eligible to register
- Confident team player who can also work independently
- Ability to perform a variety of clinical procedures including (not limited to): Venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, in house lab work, patient assessment, sedation and anesthesia.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep accurate and detailed patient files
- Willing to further enhance technical skills and expertise including advanced sample collection and administering chemotherapy
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting pets and pet parents at ease and creating a welcoming environment in often emotional situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive attitude in working with your colleagues and pet parents
Our Oncology RVTs have the opportunity to work with and learn from other Oncology RVTs and ACAs, as well as our board-certified Veterinary Oncologist and other specialists. If you want to expand your knowledge and skills, joining the MOVEH team would be a great opportunity for career advancement.
Schedule: This position consists of 4 x 10 hour shifts per week.
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- OAVT professional dues
- Scrub allowance
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more https://careers.vcacanada.com/
Have a question? Email: Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com