Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with job id R-39700 in the subject line.
VCA Canada Mississauga-Oakville Hospital Intermediate Care Service is currently recruiting for a fulltime dedicated Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our established network of highly skilled professionals. Our ICS RVTs will use their technical skills to the fullest and are given the necessary tools and resources to be successful in pursuing one or multiple passions within our hospitals. You will have opportunities to expand your learning through extensive exposure and involvement on various cases. Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role;
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Confident team player who can also work independently when required
- Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting pets and pet parents at ease and creating a welcoming environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Ability to perform a variety of clinical procedures including (not limited to):
- Venipuncture, Catheter placement, radiology, in house lab work, anesthesia monitoring and patient assessment
- Willing to further enhance technical skills and expertise
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep accurate medical records
- Ability to thrive and provide a high level of care in an often-fast paced environment,
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt in changing situations
Our Intermediate Care Service provides thorough training to all new staff members, including a mentoring program, to ensure the confidence and preparedness of all new team members. If you want to expand your knowledge and skills, joining the MOVEH team would be a great opportunity for career advancement.
Schedule: This full-time position may include some evenings, weekends and overnights.
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- Scrub allowance
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more https://careers.vcacanada.com/
To apply for this position, copy the link below into a web browser to apply through our internal career site:
Have a question? Email: Careers.email@example.com
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org