The Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre is an established, cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary facility located in the heart of metro Vancouver. Our Surgery Service is seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated Registered Veterinary Technologists (RVTs) to join our ever-growing team!
Surgery RVTs at our hospital have an interesting and varied workload. They are indispensable to the attending Surgeon and help manage a wide variety of surgical cases. They are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the surgery service ranging from inducing and monitoring anesthesia, performing a variety of loco-regional blocks, gold standard pain management, and post-op patient care.
Additional responsibilities and qualifications:
- Advanced anesthesia utilizing balanced anesthetic techniques with multi modal monitoring capabilities
- Loco-regional blocks including femoral & sciatic blocks, epidurals, brachial plexus blocks, and ring blocks
- Arterial line placement for invasive blood pressure monitoring
- Jugular catheter placement
- Hands free radiology
- Advanced imaging such as computed tomography (CT)
- General nursing care
- Administration of medication
- Venipuncture and IV catheterization
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Client communication and education
Although previous experience in a surgery service and/or familiarity and expertise in anesthesia is a definite asset, it is not a requirement. Ideal candidates are experienced RVTs who have the desire to continue to improve their technical skills and are eager to learn new ones. Recent RVT graduates who are ambitious and confident in their abilities or who possess above-average technical skills are also encouraged to apply. This is a unique opportunity for an RVT who is interested in pursuing a VTS in anesthesia that can be trained under a certified RVT with their VTS in Anesthesia & Analgesia!
About Our Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of the Registered Veterinary Technician Program
- Keen interest in surgery, anesthesia, pain management and a desire to continue to improve their current skills as well as learn new ones
- Excellent technical skills
- A positive attitude and teamwork mentality
- Strong ability work under pressure
- Excellent multitasker
- Excellent customer service and client communication
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer 5% Match Program – saving just got a lot easier with VCA Canada!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Membership and professional association dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information!
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com