Downtown Animal Hospital nestled in the core of Toronto, ON., has a new leadership opportunity for an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician to grow with us!
As our Lead RVT, you will use your technical and leadership skills to guide and develop or medical support staff, while working closely with our Medical Director to establish and implement medical protocols.
Our ideal candidate for the full-time RVT Lead position will be confident and excited about building a strong team that aligns with our values. You see your team as an integral part of the broader team and you focus on taking the time to know each member, knowing that each person requires a tailored approach when it comes to: learning and performance.
This full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities that will be ideal for your strong technical, administrative and organizational skills that ultimately support the efficient and effective daily operation of the hospital. Additionally, you will ensure our clients and their pets feel welcomed, expertly cared for, and appreciated!
Qualifications and attributes for this role include:
- Registered Veterinary Technician
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Collaborative and thoughtful communication style
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and people simultaneously
- Technical skills; venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, physical examinations and patient assessment, dentistry, nutrition and pharmacy
- Surgical preparation, assistance and patient recovery
- Implement process and oversee the coordination of patient records and patient communication
- Attend regular meetings with your management team to review schedules, team updates, patient care, hospitals processes, and positive department collaboration
- Oversee a team of RVTs and TAs including recruiting, scheduling, training & development, and performance management
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offers quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
About Us! Leading the industry in hands-free radiology! We are a progressive clinic that is both AAHA and Fear-Free Certified, located in the heart of Toronto, and close to all amenities. Our loyal patients and pet parents receive compassionate care and support from our friendly, experienced team. We promote quality care and diagnostics with dental radiographs, full in-house lab, surgical lasers, and digital radiographs. If an energetic, collaborative environment with interesting medical cases is what you are looking for, look no further! Come meet our team!!
Email: email@example.com for further information (#R-82759)
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.