404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is welcoming a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our Emergency team for a fixed term to fill a leave of absence. Previous emergency experience is preferred but not mandatory. Our 24-hour emergency department is not only supported by our in-hospital team of specialists but also by our family of specialty hospitals.
The emergency team works on a rotational schedule including overnights and weekends. This allows for even distribution of the shifts and an overall improved hospital experience. Our specialists also participate in providing after-hours support to our emergency team.
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician program.
- New graduates with knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy – welcome to apply! We love growing new graduates!
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. We pride ourselves on our team-centered philosophy towards patient care and client service. Our interdepartmental collaboration is fundamental to who we are. You will be supported by our entire team of specialists, ER veterinarians and support staff.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental benefits, continuing education paid leave, continuing education allowance, uniform allowance, sick time, wellness time and more. Moving allowance and a signing bonus may potentially be offered on a case-by-case basis.
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.