*$2, 500 signing bonus*
Registered Veterinary Technician, General Practice – Alta Vista Animal Hospital – Ottawa, Ontario
Alta Vista Animal Hospital is welcoming a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician to join our established General Practice team. New grads are welcome!!
Our work day ends at 6 pm, and minimal weekend shifts!
Why We Need You
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing, and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Catheter placement
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Physical examinations, patient assessment and triage
- Surgical preparation, monitoring, recovery and assisting
- Laboratory work
- Client Education
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
- You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of our doctors, and boarded specialists.
- You will sharpen your skills and even learn some new techniques that we can support you with,
- Explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Competitive wages and shift premiums
- Membership and dues paid yearly
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- RRSP opportunities
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps
- And best of all, you will get to work alongside and learn from board-certified and renowned veterinarians and specialized technicians and some of the most brilliant support staff in the industry allowing lots of opportunity for learning and advancement within your field.
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now! (R-100346)
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.