Website VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral
VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral
VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is seeking a full time RVT to join our Surgery and Anesthesia team . We are looking for an enthusiastic, team-oriented, motivated individual that will be inspired to work with a highly varied, exciting and unique caseload. Our team are prepared to support you as you train and adapt to specialty practice. You will have the opportunity to be involved in specialized procedures using state of the art equipment and to develop your skills in veterinary anesthesia and surgery. Our RVTs generally work four week days per week. Our success lies in our willingness to help each other to achieve great patient outcomes.
• Registered Veterinary Technician in Ontario
• Preference given to those with experience as an RVT and/or VTS (Anesthesia), however we’ll also consider enthusiastic and motivated new graduates keen to learn and develop
• Experience in providing general anesthesia in dogs and cats (varying ages and breeds) for surgical, dental or other procedures
• Experience using common monitoring equipment (e.g. pulse oximetry, electrocardiography, capnography, blood pressure monitoring)
• Experience working with commonly used sedation, induction, inhalant and injectable anesthetic and analgesic medications
• Time-management skills, critical thinking and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
• Consistently safe and effective patient handling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to continuing education in surgery, anesthesia and analgesia,
• Interest in seeking a Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) designation in surgery or anesthesia
• Work in a dynamic specialty hospital environment, planning, organizing and managing the daily flow of services.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with veterinary specialists, interns, RVTs and veterinary assistants to provide the very best care for patients.
• Prepare anesthetic, surgical equipment and operating theatres for surgery.
• Perform pre-anesthetic patient evaluations and pre-operative diagnostics.
• Provide analgesia, sedation, general anesthesia and local/regional nerve blocks to patients undergoing surgical procedures.
• Monitor patients under sedation or general anesthesia to ensure patient comfort and safety.
• Scrub in to surgical procedures or assist in endoscopic procedures with specialist veterinarians.
• Assist in preparing laboratory samples to be shipped for testing to external laboratories.
• Assist during appointments and client communication.
• Prepare medications, to go home care items and discharge patients from the surgical service.
• Maintain anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic and controlled drugs forms.
• Supervise and teach veterinary assistants and veterinary technology practicum students.
About the 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital:
We are a 12,200 square foot facility operating from a main building (10,000 sq. ft.) and a satellite facility (2,200 sq. ft.) located across the parking lot. We have 3 fully equipped surgical suites including 2 Forcetriad energy units and all the equipment required for minimally invasive surgery. We have a 64 slice CT, and two ultrasound machines (one used by Medicine and the other ER and Anesthesia). We have a spacious (intensive) care unit with multiple options for care levels and separation both within, and outside of this area. We currently have the following services to support our hospital; Anesthesia, Avian and Exotics, Dermatology, Dentistry, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation and Surgery.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org