Website Timmins Animal Hospital
Hospital: Timmins Animal Hospital
Location: Timmins, Ontario
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Description: Amazing RVT opportunity in Timmins! Are you looking for an opportunity to fully mobilize your RVT skills and make an impact in a pet-loving community? Are you passionate about high-quality medicine, hiking, kayaking, fishing, and other outdoor opportunities? Are you looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, but still want to retain access to all the amenities? Look no further!
Timmins Animal Hospital has an amazing opportunity for a RVT interested in a beautiful balance of work and play. If you’re passionate about providing unparalleled high-quality care for pets and want to love what you do, and where you live – we want to hear from you.
Timmins Animal Hospital is a busy full-service companion animal hospital in Timmins, Ontario. We are devoted to managing the health of dogs and cats in our community. We have always emphasized preventive health care for our patients and this remains our focus today. In addition to preventive care, we offer veterinary medical, surgical and dental services too. Our fully-equipped hospital features an in-house laboratory, and is equipped for diagnostic imaging (radiography and ultrasonography) to aid in the diagnosis of internal conditions and for assessing orthopedic disease and injuries.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated self-starter. The perfect fit would be a kind and compassionate RVT who appreciates the benefits of client education and preventive medicine. We are looking for someone with an inclusive attitude, and a high degree of emotional intelligence. We take pride in our ability to foster healthy long-term relationships with the community to ensure our patients get the type of care they deserve. A professional, detail-oriented, and organized disposition is required. Applicants must be willing to work on-call as well as extended hours on rotation.
Timmins is located in Northeastern Ontario along the Mattagami River in one of the richest mineral producing areas in the Western Hemisphere. There are over 500 lakes and rivers in the area, making Timmins a destination for those with a passion for water sports such as boating, fishing, canoeing and kayaking. Timmins’ four predictable seasons empower outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy winter activities like dog sledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and downhill skiing or snowboarding at Kamiskotia Ski Resort. With its expansive network of groomed and interconnected trails, Timmins is frequently described as “heaven on earth” by snowmobilers and cross-country skiers. Spring prompts planning for hiking, fishing, kayaking, and canoe trips. Beautiful boreal forests, peace, tranquility, and legendary northern hospitality attracts tourists from all over the world to Timmins.
Timmins offers countless Great Canadian outdoor opportunities just off its doorstep, and with a population of over 40,000, residents of Timmins simultaneously enjoy all the amenities the larger cities offer, without the commute, traffic, or expensive property prices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute quality diagnostic images using knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Generous Signing Bonus!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.timminsanimalhospital.com
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org