Website the VSCAN
"Answers you need...care you deserve"
We make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, every day!
Your main focus will be providing compassionate care and nursing to our post-operative and hospitalized Neurology patients.
Hours of shift coverage – various shifts covering the hours between 6 pm to 8 am (2 to 3 evening and/or overnight shifts per week) – schedule to be determined.
- keep patients comfortable and safe
- perform treatments as prescribed by our doctors – constant rate infusions (CRIs), monitoring, icing incisions, urinary catheter care, TPRs, administration of oral medications, nursing care
- provide patients with lots of TLC
- evaluate pain scores
- communicate and relay concerns for patients as needed
- “round” with other team members with patient updates
- Registered Veterinary Technician with a minimum 2 years’ experience – Emergency or Specialty Hospital preferred
- comfortable and proficient with technical procedures such as intravenous catheter placement, blood draws, drug calculations, treatment administration
- well organized with strong multi-tasking skills
- able to work independently
- exceptional interpersonal skills – with teammates and pet families
- interested in continuous learning
- strong interest in patient care and Neurology
- excellent email and phone communication abilities
- able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume
Our talented group of medical professionals includes a Neurologist/Neurosurgeon, Board-certified Veterinary Anesthesiologist, Neurology/Neurosurgery Residents, Registered Medical Digital Imaging Technologist, and Registered Veterinary Technicians.
the VSCAN is located in Ottawa, Canada minutes from the heart of downtown. Ottawa is the best mix of nature and city life. One of Canada’s most beautiful cities, it’s known for its multi-cultural vibe, outdoor activities, and urban amenities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com