Website Spadina Animal Hospital
Spadina Animal Hospital is a small animal veterinary clinic located in the core of downtown Toronto. We provide a full range of primary care veterinary services to all shapes and sizes of dogs and cats.
We need an amazing full-time RVT who will be able to grow with our practice!
We offer a very competitive salary, benefits, continuing education allowance, OAVT membership dues, employee pet discounts, uniforms and more!
NO WEEKEND SHIFTS, CONSISTANT WEEKLY SCHEDULE AND NO EVENINGS (after 6pm).
As a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· venipuncture, cystocentesis and catheter placement
· dental prophylactic cleanings
· performing digital dental and whole body radiographs
· educating and training clients in the maintenance of their dogs and cats health as well as educating them on surgical procedures, post-surgical and anesthetic discharges
· the well-being of all patients under anesthetics
· surgical suite and treatment area cleanliness and sterility
· medical equipment maintenance and upkeep
· educating and directing support staff to perform optimal fear free animal handling techniques
· inventory management of medications and treatment area supplies
· maintaining an up to date controlled drug log and surgical log
Our registered veterinary technicians must be flexible and will occasionally perform veterinary receptionist activities as needed. Potential receptionist activities include: answering telephones, booking examinations and anesthetic procedures, and acting as a communication intermediary with other veterinary clinics.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional client communication skills – ability to handle the most difficult (and loved!) clients
- Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) with 2+ years of experience in a veterinary practice as an RVT
- Strong knowledge of veterinary medical issues and veterinary medications
- Strong technical skills including venipuncture, cystocentesis, full-body and dental radiography, intravenous catheter placement, anesthetic monitoring and surgical site preparation
- Experience with Avimark for maintaining medical records and inventory management
- Experience with the use and maintenance of IDEXX hematology analyzers and IDEXX reference laboratory services
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send in your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org