Website Spadina Animal Hospital
Fantastic location right downtown beautiful Toronto, Spadina Animal Hospital is currently looking for an RVT to join our awesome team!
We are a dynamic and growing dog and cat practice with a focus on client communication and providing a great experience for our patients and clients.
What we are offering :
- Competitive salary based on experience ($23 – $30 Hourly)
- An excellent work-life balance, with 25 to 40 hours a week
- No on-call responsibilities
- Extensive Benefits
- Continuing Education allowance
- OAVT membership dues
- Employee’s pets discounts
- and more…
Diagnostic equipment on site includes; digital full-body radiography, digital dental radiography and IDEXX CBC and chemistry machines. We also perform a large amount of dentistry and offer non-elective soft tissue surgery.
As a Registered Veterinary Technician your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Venipuncture, cystocentesis and catheter placement
- Dental prophylactic cleanings
- Performing digital dental and whole body radiographs
- Educating and training clients in the maintenance of their dogs and cats health as well as educating them on surgical procedures, post-surgical and anesthetic discharges
- Ensuring the well-being of all patients under anesthetics
- Surgical suite and treatment area cleanliness and sterility
- Medical equipment maintenance and upkeep
- Educating and directing support staff to perform optimal fear free animal handling techniques
- Inventory management of medications and treatment area supplies
- Maintaining an up to date controlled drug log and surgical log
- Describing laboratory results to clients
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, exceptional animal handling abilities, exceptional technical skills and excellent organizational and time management skills.
Relevant experience of at least 2 years in a small animal practice is required. Knowledge of Avimark is considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY :
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org