Website Ottawa Humane Society
This is your chance to join one of Ottawa’s most reputable nonprofits and support our vision to be a model of excellence in the advancement of animal welfare. The Ottawa Humane Society is more than a shelter and a safe haven for the thousands of animals in our care each year.
We are currently seeking Registered Veterinary Technicians for full time, part time, and casual opportunities. Under the direction of the Supervisor: Kennel, the Registered Veterinary Technician – Animal Care is responsible for the health and well-being of Ottawa Humane Society (OHS) and other animals.
Hourly Wage Range: $21.83 – 26.58
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Hours of work:
- Full Time (72 hrs/pay period six months of the year, 66 hrs/pay period six months of the year)
- Part Time (41 hrs/pay period six months of the year, 31 hrs/pay period six months of the year)
- Casual (as required)
Professional Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the emotional and physical health of OHS animals
- Provide medical and general animal assessment services
- Monitor animal health and well-being
- Administer prescribed treatments and other medical and diagnostic interventions
- Provide education, information and support to OHS clients and other OHS staff
- Assist veterinarians for rounds and as required
- A Veterinary Technician diploma from a recognized college
- Registration with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- 1 to 2 years clinical experience external or internal to the OHS
- Experience supervising or training staff preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
Essential duties and working conditions:
- Employees will be required to work evening, holiday and weekend shifts
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to provide services in a safe
- manner, including, but not limited to lifts and transfers of large animals
- Employees will be required to wear a uniform designated by the employer
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter to the Manager: Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “RVT” in the email subject line. Please also indicate interest in full time, part time, and/or casual opportunities.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com