Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity, established in 1873. The Society and its network of communities facilitate and provide for province-wide leadership on matters relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal well-being. Offering a variety of mission-based programs, including community-based sheltering, animal wellness services, provincial animal transfers, shelter health & wellness, high-volume spay/neuter services, animal rescue, animal advocacy, Indigenous partnership programs and humane education, the Ontario SPCA is Ontario’s animal charity.
Working together we can make a difference in the lives of countless animals in need.
Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT): We are seeking an experienced RVT with a passion for shelter medicine to assist in shelter animal care. This position, both challenging and rewarding, is suitable for those who love to work in a fast paced and structured environment.
Status: Part-time, 16 hours per week Location: Orangeville
A Typical Day
· Welcoming clients and their pets
· Providing exceptional care for our animals during their stay
· Monitor the physical health and behavioural needs of each animal in our care
· Coaching and training shelter staff on Shelter Health and Wellness concepts and protocols
· General administrative duties includes booking appointments
· General house-keeping duties
Why You Should Join Our Team?
· Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
· Employee Assistance Program
· 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service
· Predictable day time hours
· Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
· Validation of being a Registered Veterinary Technician
· Passion for shelter medicine
· 1-4 years of experience as a Registered Veterinary Technician, preferably within a high volume animal clinic
· Administrative experience an asset.
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Centre Manager, Orangeville
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “RVT” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org