Website OAVT Public Health Rabies Response Program (RRP)
Work as an independent contractor with a flexible schedule
The OAVT Public Health Rabies Response Program is looking for RVTs to join our team across Ontario with a special need in: Barrie, Ottawa, Peterborough, Bellville/Kingston and surrounding areas.
Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health this program provides the services or rabies specimen collections from locations such as animal hospitals, shelters, zoos, farms and private residences for preparation and shipment to the CFIA for rabies testing.
RVTs who are a part of the OAVT RRP RVT Team enjoy:
- contributing to public health in their community
- utilizing their skills in unique ways
- working as an independent contractor while being supported by OAVT RRP RVT staff
- managing their own schedule
- the flexibility to accept or decline cases
- choosing the size of specimens they would like to collect
- choosing whether they only prefer to collect at their workplace or travel to other locations
- the extra side income
The mission of the OAVT is to improve the lives of animals by inspiring a diverse community of Registered Veterinary Technicians to positively impact human, animal and environmental health.
The OAVT RRP provides a unique opportunity for all Ontario RVTs to work at the forefront of the One Health initiative.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org