Website North Bay Animal Hospital
North Bay Animal Hospital - Where your pet is part of the family
Join our experienced veterinary team committed to excellent patient care and live in the beautiful city of North Bay. On the edge of Algonquin Park, this city is surrounded by lakes and forests and is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream – from world class snowmobiling, downhill & cross country skiing in the winter to camping, cottaging and boating in the summer. North Bay is also a culturally active community with live local theatre, a thriving arts community, a home town OHL team and huge variety of amateur sports activities. Your full time job will allow you evenings and weekends to enjoy all North Bay has to offer.
Scope of responsibilities:
Surgery – assist in surgery, anesthetic induction and monitoring, post operative patient care
Medicine – assisting veterinarians with patient exams, nursing care, sample collection, medication administration, IV catheterization, etc.
Laboratory – full complement of Idexx in house lab equipment to allow our technical staff to run the majority of lab work on site
Radiology – state of the art digital xray and dental xray
Client Communication – our RVT’s are critical to the important client communication component of our practice. From performing admission interviews for medical and surgical cases to being responsible for technician lead appointments and nutritional consultations, our RVT’s aren’t just providing patient care but providing client care as well.
Although we are a full service hospital there are a few unique area of interest our vets have explored that you will get to be involved with:
2. orthopedic surgery
3. canine and feline rehabilitation
At North Bay Animal Hospital, we are all pet owners ourselves. We understand the powerful connections between pets and their people and we are passionate about how our service can help support the human animal bond. If, like us, this is what motivated you to pursue a career in veterinary medicine, then please consider joining our team.
– New graduates welcome
– Graduate of an accredited college
– enjoy working with animals and have the ability to comfort, handle and restrain large and small pets
– focused and organized work habits
– be meticulous in charting, well-organized and detail oriented.
– The ability to educate clients about common veterinary problems, disease prevention and medication including flea and tick control is essential
– Able to work 8 or 10 hour shifts and occasional weekends on call (usually 3 per year)
We are excited about you if you have:
– Experience with Cornerstone Veterinary software program an asset
– Ability to learn quickly and perform with confidence
– Strong work ethic: self-started, punctual, neat appearance, enthusiastic and attentive to detail
– Be able to communicate warmly and assertively to manage multiple and competing priorities
– Have a continual desire to improve, to increase your knowledge, and to share information with the team
– Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs
– Must have a passion for animals and desire to help people
– Must have reliable transportation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org