Lakeshore Animal Health Partners (“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for our 24/7 Emergency departments. Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission.
WHAT WE OFFER
- $22.00-33.75/hour (negotiable based on experience)
- Retention Bonus
- Annual OAVT Dues covered
- Scrubs/uniforms provided
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage (including GRSP program)
- Unlimited Continuing education allowance
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Friendly and supportive work environment
We offer high starting pay, an exciting work environment and an excellent compensation package. Benefits include medical/dental coverage, paid wellness days, paid CE, uniform allowance, a generous pet discount, and a unique 2 days, 2 nights, 5 DAY OFF rotation.
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Strong communication skills
- An ability and desire to flourish in new environments
You will be exposed to emergency and critical care departments as part of our integrated care model. In addition, you will experience advanced nursing techniques and other specialty procedures not routinely performed in regular practice.
Duties and responsibilities:
- IV catheterization and blood drawing skills
- Perform basic lab work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ER environment
- Caring for ward patients
- Ability to monitor patients during sedation procedures
- Following treatment orders on an electronic system (e.g., Instinct, VetRadar)
- Work well in a team
- Triage patients, assessing what is stable vs critical and communicating this with ER/ICU doctors
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary. Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact in the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do. From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role. There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care. You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org