Atlantic Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital
Position: Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Hospital: Halifax Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Type: Part-time Employment or Full-Time Employment
Description: Are you looking to fully mobilize your RVT skills and make an impact in the Halifax community? Are you searching for a welcoming team that is passionate about mentorship, collaboration, and client education? Search no further!
We are offering an opportunity to join a brand-new hospital in Halifax. The clinic will be over 14000 square feet with 9 exam rooms, CT scan, MRI and all the tools needed to provide quality service deserved by the people and their pets in the East Coast. We are passionate about creating the right team and atmosphere. We will support growing and learning for those keen on being part of a progressive, team-oriented and supportive workplace.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation: We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Submit your CV to Halifax@p3vetpartners.ca
To apply for this job email your details to Halifax@p3vetpartners.ca