Located on the Orillia campus and reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Veterinary Technician and/or Veterinary Assistant Programs. Courses may be scheduled and delivered during the day or evening and are planned to be delivered in person at the Orillia campus. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Delivering courses in the Veterinary Technician program in person
• Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
• Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
• Engaging the students through active learning techniques and experience in the field
• Evaluating student progress / achievement
• Participating in program and college activities as required
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
Skill sets would be dependent on the course of interest.
We are currently recruiting faculty for the following courses for the winter 2023 semester:
o Veterinary Pharmacology 1 Lecture Tuesdays 7-9pm and Wednesdays 7-9pm
o Veterinary Pharmacology 2 Lecture Thursdays 7-9pm
o Alternatives to Companion Animal Medicine (laboratory animal focused) Thursday 2-5pm for the first 7 weeks of the semester
• Diploma in Veterinarian Technician or Technology
• Must possess and maintain status in good standing, as a Registered Veterinarian Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT)
• A minimum of five years’ experience working in a clinical practice setting with emphasis on companion animals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
• Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, engaging delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, online teaching and student success strategies
• Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Please forward resume to:
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
This position will be open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org