Website Dog Tales Rescue
A world-renowned Dog Rescue and Horse Sanctuary
ABOUT DOG TALES:
Dog Tales is a world-renowned dog rescue and horse sanctuary set on an incredible 50 acres of green fields, rolling hills, and wooded areas in King City, Ontario. Our picturesque location – complete with kilometers of walking trails, therapy pools, and a grooming spa – is the perfect setting for abused and neglected animals to heal and be rehabilitated while they wait for forever homes. Along with medical care, our team provides all of the love, attention and training that our rescue animals need to recover from their difficult pasts, so that they can move on to permanent, loving homes, which most do. For the rest, Dog Tales is home for as long as they need it to be.
If you would like to be part of an energetic and compassionate team, where you can make an impact and difference in the lives of countless animals, join us!
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We are currently looking for full time permanent Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our skilled team of animal care professionals. Our RVTs work as a team to provide medical care to primarily small animals, but do occasionally provide support to large animal division including some that are senior and abused. Therefore compassion, sensitivity, and patience are necessities for our RVTs. The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical skills, a strong ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- IV catheter placement, venipuncture, cystocentesis
- Physical examinations and assessments
- Perform in house diagnostics
- Evaluates new animal intake conditions and reviews medical history, including diagnostics
- Communicate with adoptive families over the phone, email, and in person regarding necessary medical information
- Other duties as required
- Registered Veterinary Technician (in good standing) – 3 years (required)
- Clinical experience is preferred
- Referral and emergency experience is an asset
- Shelter experience is an asset
- Detail oriented when following necessary procedures and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Punctuality and reliability with a passion to continuously learn and grow in the role
- Valid Driver’s License (G) & access to a vehicle (required)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Extended benefits package
- Free daily staff lunch & dinner
- Paid vacation & Sick days
- Employee appreciation events
- Advancement opportunities through King Animal Hospital
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to email@example.com
All of our animals require care all year round including weekends and evenings. Therefore, our team members work varied shifts, 5 days a week, of mornings and evenings from Monday-Sunday, including holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org