The Central Toronto Veterinary and Referral & Emergency Clinic (CTVRC/EC) is a premier specialty referral and emergency centre, owned and operated by two Canadian Board-Certified Veterinarians. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care in the areas of surgery, internal medicine, oncology, and emergency medicine.
$10,000 SIGNING BONUS OFFERED*
At CTVRC/EC we value our RVTs! We appreciate their time, their work effort and their clinical opinion & expertise. We encourage professional development and mentorship, working toward competency and comfort delivering advanced procedures including but not limited to thoracentesis, central line placement, advanced anesthesia, and epidurals/regional blocks.
Furthermore, we understand the challenges of the job and the workspace, knowing very well that the job isn’t just about the technical skills and abilities. In response to these unique job demands we are working on developing and delivering robust support programs around staff wellness and well-being. We are committed to providing an equal opportunity to all employees and strive to create a diverse workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S, and others who help us provide the fulsome veterinary care we strive for. Our clinics rotations are designed to support your health, well-being, and work-life balance offering a consistent schedule of 12hr shifts spaced to allow for ample time away from work to live your life.
CTVRC/EC is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our clinic on the Overnight Emergency Care Service. Working under the direction of the attending veterinarian, you will primarily support the support Overnight ER Service in the delivery of various clinical duties including but not limited to triaging and assessing incoming ER patients, delivering treatments & medications to in hospital and outpatients, delivering full scope surgery services including surgical prep, anesthesiology, and post-op recovery, executing laboratory procedures, radiography, and other advanced diagnostics.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to
- Perform triage duties and document initial and ongoing evaluations of animals presented for critical conditions including but not limited to shock, acute illness, acute trauma, and toxicity
- Perform advanced medical procedures including thoracentesis, ultrasounds, central line placement, epidural and other local blocks, and other procedures, based on comfort level and under regular supervision & coaching if required
- Deliver nursing care to in house patients and out-patients including but not limited to TPRs, catheterization, wound management, bandaging, and rehabilitation therapy
- Prepare, administer, and/or dispense pharmacological and biological agents to comply with veterinary orders
- Prepare patient for surgical/ medical procedures including calculating & administering pre-med anesthetic, induction and intubation, surgical prep, perioperative care and management, and postoperative care
*New graduates welcome!*
- Graduated from the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) accredited college program
- Successfully pass or in process of writing the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE).
- Maintain membership with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) in good standing
- Demonstrates a collaborative clinical approach and providing appropriate support to other team members
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven excellence in patient care and customer service
- Demonstrated respect and accountability in dealing with others
- Competitive Hourly rate of pay commensurate with experience and/or board certifications
- Shift premiums between the hours of 7pm to 7am
- Ontario Associate of Veterinary Technician annual dues reimbursement
- Continued education support
- Comprehensive benefits package health and dental and life insurance, including access to Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on high-calibre pet care and pet food
- Paid time off
- Staff appreciation perks (snack table, team events, etc.)
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Central Toronto Veterinary Referral & Emergency Clinic will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
You will be contacted if we believe your skills and experience will make you successful in the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process will include interview and/or assessments and reference checks.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $27.00 per hour
Discounted or free food
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Registered Veterinary Technician: 2 years (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org