RVT, Rehabilitation and Sports Therapy Department
Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, is welcoming a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our dedicated pet healthcare team.
Such a beautiful place to live and work!!
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast.
Our amazing hospital !!
Join us in providing state-of-the-art veterinary care in our brand-new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility. Our Rehab department has a dedicated space with ample room for a variety of therapies.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new and growing referral hospital and would like to work with a dedicated and motivated team to bring this new vision to life on Vancouver Island, we would love to talk to you. As the first large Veterinary Referral Hospital on Vancouver Island, this is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of creating the principal center for veterinary care in Victoria and on Vancouver Island in general.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Knowledge of various drugs used for analgesia
- Knowledge of various drugs for sedation and anesthesia
- Ability to collect blood samples and place IV catheters
- Knowledge of fluid therapy
- Knowledge of surgical aseptic techniques
- Ability to give and manage patient sedation, anesthesia, monitoring, recovery
- Ability to take diagnostic radiographs (especially orthopedic), ideally with hands-free training or experience
- Rehab certification (recommended or interest in obtaining or in the process of obtaining)
- Experience with orthopedic and neurologic conditions
Position requirements and training:
- Physical fitness, able to lift up 50lbs (perhaps training to ensure proper body mechanics used for the job)
- Laser safety training to operate laser safely
- Training for proper use of underwater treadmill, this includes operation as well as maintenance
- Training for safe use of chemicals for the underwater treadmill
- Training for the shockwave unit
- Proper training on PPE for the various modalities we offer
- Dealing with rehab patients and clients requires patience, empathy, and ongoing support
- Able to work independently
- Responsible for booking new rehab consults, rehab recheck, and rehab appointments in general
- Being familiar with and have a strong working knowledge of the therapeutic exercises we prescribe, what is the purpose of each one, and the ability to discuss them with clients and demonstrate them.
- Ability to work independently but also closely as a team. There must be effective and timely communication with our doctors and our rehab team about patient updates and their progress through rehabilitation, and the ability to essentially triage when patient info is urgent or not.
- Knowledge/experience with and/or the ability to learn about regenerative medicine and how to process patient samples
- Ability to maintain/clean all rehab equipment (UWTM, shockwave machine, laser machine, all inflatables, harnesses, etc) on a daily basis and manage our department’s supply orders.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.