Professionalism & Ethics Workshop – –
The Professionalism & Ethics Workshop (P&E) is required for an individual to obtain their Registered status as outlined in By-Law #2 of the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians. This one-day digital workshop provides a remarkable opportunity to engage in an interactive learning environment alongside practicing and experienced RVTs. The workshop will help participants develop a better understanding of the professionalism and ethics demanded in our highly specialized profession.
The P&E Workshop is intended for students in their FINAL YEAR of a veterinary technology program, Pending Members of the OAVT, or RVTs who want a refresher. First-year students should not be taking the workshop, as they have not yet been taught the materials covered during the Workshop.
Participants will explore real-work situations and challenges faced by RVTs. Specific goals of this workshop include:
- Understanding the importance of a defined protocol in your work environment
- Working with other professionals in a regulated environment
- The potential implications of actions or inaction in a variety of real-life situations
- How professionalism and ethics affect the role of RVTs in a variety of environments
- How to work within the boundaries and requirements of a self-regulated profession
Workshops are facilitated by experienced RVTs who help guide the learning process through real case studies and analysis.
Participants appreciate gaining an eye-opening understanding of the RVT profession from a perspective that will help them feel confident in the workplace when faced with challenging situations and decisions.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- P&E Workshops have a withdrawal date two weeks before the event. You can cancel your ticket in the online portal up until this withdrawal date, and you will receive a full refund.
- A Cancellation Fee of $50 applies to all cancellations between the withdrawal date (two weeks before the event) and 48 hours before the event.
- Cancellation requests made within 48 hours of the event will NOT BE REFUNDED.
Select one of the following: - Scheduled Event
What is the format of the online event? - Live (Interactive)
Supporting Documentation -
CE Credits -
Event Access - No