Professionalism & Ethics Workshop
The Professionalism & Ethics Workshop (P&E) is required for an individual to obtain their Registered status as outlined in By-Law #2 of the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians. This one-day digital workshop provides a remarkable opportunity to engage in an interactive learning environment alongside practicing and experienced RVTs. The outcome of the seminar will be to develop an understanding of the professionalism and ethics demanded in our highly specialized profession.
The P&E Workshop is intended for students in their FINAL YEAR of a veterinary technology program, Pending Members of the OAVT, or RVTs who want a refresher. First year students should not be taking the workshop, as they have not yet been taught the materials covered during the Workshop.
Participants will explore real work situations and challenges of being a professional RVT. Specific goals of this tailored workshop include:
- Understanding the importance of a defined protocol in your work environment
- Working with other professionals in a regulated environment
- The potential implications of actions or inaction in a variety of real-life situations
- How professionalism and ethics affect the role of RVTs in a variety of environments
- How to work within the boundaries and requirements of a self-regulated profession.
Workshop materials and presentations are facilitated and led by practiced RVTs who help guide the learning process through real case studies and analysis.
Participants appreciate gaining an eye-opening understanding of the RVT profession from a perspective that will enable them to feel confident at the workplace when faced with challenging situations and decisions.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- P&E Workshops have a withdrawal date two weeks before the event. You can cancel your ticket in the online portal up until this withdrawal date, and you will receive a full refund.
- A Cancellation Fee of $50 applies to all cancellations between the withdrawal date (two weeks before the event) and 48 hours before the event.
- Cancellation requests made within 48 hours of the event will NOT BE REFUNDED.
Select one of the following: - scheduled
What is the format of the online event? - live
Supporting Documentation -