2016 "My Pet's Protected" World Rabies Day Contest
Every year on September 28th World Rabies Day is recognized. Rabies is a fatal viral disease that affects both animals and humans. Rabies is most often transmitted when an infected animal bites or scratches a human or other animal. Rabies is preventable with regular vaccination. In many places, it is the law to have your dog or cat vaccinated for rabies. To learn more about rabies click here.
How to enter:
Are you a pet parent who's pet is your pet currently up to date with their rabies vaccination? Or are you a Veterinary Healthcare Team Member who works in a capacity that helps to ensure pets are vaccinated against rabies? If so, you are eligible to enter the 2016 "My Pet's Protected" World Rabies Day Contest sponsored by the OAVT Public Health Rabies Response Program (RRP). Here is how you enter:
1. Take a picture of you and your rabies vaccinated pet displaying the hashtag #mypetsprotected . Or, for Veterinary Healthcare Team Members, take a picture of you, a client you worked with and their pet who just had a rabies vaccination displaying the hashtag #mypetsprotected. Only one entry per person/hospital.
2. Fill in the form below and upload your picture to enter the contest (between August 15-September 30, 2016.)
3. Post your picture with the hashtag #mypetsprotected on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (remember to set the post to the "Public" privacy setting).
4. Wait for the contest deadline (September 30, 2016 at 11:59 EDT) and check back on October 1, 2016 to see if you're the winner!
Contest Details & Restrictions:
1.The contest will accept entries between August 15th, 2016 9am EDT and September 30, 2016, 11:59 EDT
2. Three winners will be chosen at random (each winning a $50.00 CDN pet store gift card) on October 1, 2016.
3. Winners will be notified at the email address submitted in their contest entry.
4. Contest is open to Canadian residents only.
5. Winners must provide proof of current rabies vaccination within 7 days of being notified of winning to claim prize.